21 East 2nd Street
Ocean Isle Beach, NC 28469
People’s Choice Judges Fee: $5
Local restaurants have the chance to showcase their version of Oyster Stew in this anticipated annual contest. Whether you prefer it traditional or with a twist, Brunswick County is home to some great eateries with stellar stews among other fresh seafood and local fare.
The winner of the Oyster Stew Cook-Off will be named the North Carolina Oyster Stew champion. Judges choice will receive $500 along with a trophy. 2nd Place Judges choice will receive $200 and a trophy. People’s choice will receive $300 along with a trophy. 2nd and 3rd place in each category will receive a trophy.
Oyster Stew Cook-Off Procedures & Information
Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first served basis. Six maximum entrants. Download an application HERE
Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first served basis.
- The cook-off is open to all restaurants.
- Contestants must prepare 8 ½ gallons of stew.
- The stew must be prepared at the contestant’s restaurant.
- Contestants must use their own equipment to keep food hot and cold as needed.
- Servings should be around 3 ounces for both judging and sampling.
- There will be three (3) Judges who will do a blind tasting of the stews.
- 350 Tickets will be sold to the public for People’s Choice voting purposes for $5.00 each.